At The Hale Village Therapy Centre I run workshops throughout the year. Coming soon, Friday workshops running from 0945-1500 (with a lunch break 1230-1330), Cost: £75…… look out for future dates.
WORKSHOP TITLES WILL INCLUDE :
Repeating, Rebelling or Repairing:
At this workshop you will have an opportunity to discover and learn the following:
- How your own experience of being a child in your family of origin is influencing your parenting style now.
- Working through the muddle of what to keep and what to give up from your own past and how that can help your child now.
- Making the distinction between your feelings and those of your child.
- Learning options to change less helpful parenting patterns that will be helpful to you and your child.
- Accepting yourself as a ‘good enough’ parent or therapist – nothing more and nothing less!
- If you are child psychotherapist or counsellor, you will gain a greater understand of your own counter-transference when working with children or teenagers with children.
- Understanding notions of emotional overprotectiveness, neglect and abandonment even when we seem to be doing all the right things!
This workshop is mixture of theory, discussion and experiential work. It’s fun, informative, deep and I have had excellent feedback whenever I have had presented this material.
Contact me on 07956 614335 if you want to reserve a place.
Following the success of my past Effective Parenting workshops, I am offering further age specific sessions for parents and carers of children and teenagers in 2015
Sessions are mixture of teaching, discussion and exercises and will be (I hope) both enlightening and fun!
Look out for next dates.
The material for the Effective Parenting course is presented over two workshops during which you will……
- Find out what are age appropriate limits and rules
- Discover how you can help your child/teen to grow up securely by providing a nurture/structure balance
- Know how to avoid the pitfalls of doing too much or of being over-protective and why that doesn’t help
- Gain confidence in saying ‘no’ and sticking to it
- Get your tips and tools handout
- Understand 4 levels of teenage anger
- Hear about latest neuroscience research and the changing teenage brain
- Know why teenagers can be so stroppy and volatile
- Get insight into the ‘good’ teenager – how distressed teens can turn anger inwards towards self
- Learn how to avoid pointless power battles and manage your own anger!
you can also visit The Hale Village Therapy Centre and click on the workshops link
or email me or ring me on 07956 614335